Print This Post
- 1 C. Rice browned lightly
- Minced Dried Onions to taste
- 2 C. Water with Chicken Base
- ¼ can Tomato Sauce to color
- Olive oil
- 1 package Frozen Peas
- Heat 2-3 tbsp olive oil in a large pot.
- Add the rice and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to boil few minutes – stir, cover and turn heat down. Simmer 20 minutes. Uncover – DON’T STIR
- Pour a package of frozen peas on top. Cover and cook an additional 5 minutes
- Package of Pork Chops or Pork Roast
- 1 can Green Chiles or Fresh Roasted Chiles – diced
- ½ C Minced Onions
- 2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 3-4 cups Chicken Stock
- 3/4 can Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- Cut up pork into bite size pieces and toss in flour.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and brown up pork pieces.
- Add the chicken stock, green chile’s/roasted diced chile’s and tomato sauce.
- Simmer for 15 minutes gently stirring as needed.
- 4 cups Pinto Beans, cleaned
- 8-10 cups Water
- Salt and Sugar to taste – about 1 Tbsp each
- Clean and rinse beans until water runs clear.
- Put beans, water, sugar, and salt into your pressure cooker, cover and cook 30-45 minutes.
- Check the beans and adjust cooking time as needed.
- When beans are fully cooked, taste and add salt or sugar as needed.
- Smash beans with a potato smasher and set aside until ready to use.