Buffalo-Style Chicken Bites in a New Light
Recipe Courtesy A Diabetes in a New Light
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 small red bell pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium bottled hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons plain dry whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups celery sticks
- 2 1/2 cups carrot sticks
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray.
2. To make the dressing, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, blue cheese, lemon juice, and pepper in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate to allow the flavors to blend, about 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine ground chicken, bell pepper, 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce, bread crumbs, shallot, garlic, and salt in a large bowl until well mixed.
4. With lightly moistened hands, form the mixture into 30 (1 1/4-inch) balls. Place on the baking sheet. Bake until meatballs are lightly browned and cooked through, 12 – 15 minutes.
5. Transfer meatballs to a large bowl. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce and gently toss until coated. Serve with the dressing, celery and carrot sticks.