Print This Post
Zucchini with Mediterranean Spices
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
- 2 medium size zucchini’s
- 2 bacon strips, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red or green chili’s
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- fresh lemon juice
- Freshly chopped parsley and cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degree’s.
- Cut the zucchini into quarters lengthwise and place in a baking dish. Sprinkle with the chopped bacon.
- To make the spice rub simply combine the onion, chili’s, paprika, cumin, and olive oil in a small bowl and mix together.
- Pour the spice rub over the zucchini and bacon. Rub the spice rub over the zucchini and add the water to the baking dish.
- Place the zucchini in the oven and roast for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the roasted zucchini to a serving platter, and squeeze some fresh lemon juice over them and sprinkle with the freshly chopped parsley and cilantro. Serve and Enjoy!