Print This Post
Teriyaki Chicken with Pineapple
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup chopped pineapple and juice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp corn starch (plus corn starch to coat chicken)
- 2 chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces and lightly coated with corn starch
- 2 cups assorted chopped vegetables
- 1 tbsp freshly minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups cooked rice
- cooking oil (vegetable, canola, peanut, olive oil…)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan combine soy sauce, pineapple/juice, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder and corn starch. Whisk together and bring to a boil to cook out the starch and allow mixture to thicken. Set aside to cool.
- Heat a large wok or sauté pan on the stove and just enough cooking oil to lightly coat the wok or sauté pan. (about 2 tsp. – 1 tbsp)
- Sauté coated chicken pieces in the wok or sauté pan until completely cooked. Remove and place on a paper towel to absorb any excess grease.
- Transfer the freshly minced ginger, garlic, and vegetables to the wok or sauté pan and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Transfer chicken back to the wok and sauté until hot.
- Serve over prepared rice, drizzle with teriyaki sauce and Enjoy!!!! Serves 4-6 depending on portion sizes.