Print This Post
Pork Chops with Fresh Sage
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped sage
- 4 pork chops
- 1 yellow onion sliced into rings
- juice and zest from one lemon
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4-6 tomatoes, quartered
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Salad greens and favorite dressing
- Heat a large sauté pan and add just enough olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
- In a large plastic bag, add the flour, freshly chopped sage, salt and pepper. Shake the mixture to combine and to distribute the essential oils from the sage.
- Add the pork chops to the bag, shake to coat.
- Place the pork chops into the hot pan and cook from 3-5 minutes on each side until the shops are fully cooked. Remove the chops and allow them to rest for about 5 minutes before service.
- While the pork chops are resting, add the onion rings, and quartered tomatoes to a large bowl and add with the lemon juice, zest and sugar. Salt and pepper to taste, toss to coat. Add the onion mixture to the saute pan and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Serve the pork chops with the sautéed onions and tomatoes. On the side serve a green salad with your favorite dressing. Enjoy!