Salmon with Honey-Balsamic Glaze
Recipe Courtesy The American Heart Association
Use simple ingredients likely to be found in your kitchen to create a far-from-ordinary glaze for this easy entrée.
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 3/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (about 4 ounces each), rinsed and patted dry
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly spray a shallow baking pan with cooking spray.
- Spoon the mayonnaise into a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the vinegar until smooth. Whisk in the remaining ingredients except the fish.
- Put the fish in the baking pan. Lightly spread the mayonnaise mixture over the top and sides of each fillet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
NUTRITION ANALYSIS (per serving)
Total Fat7.5 g
Saturated Fat1.0 g
Trans Fat0.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat3.0 g
Monounsaturated Fat3.0 g
Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 carbohydrate, 3 lean meat
This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association’s Patient Education program. Recipe copyright © 2009 by the American Heart Association. Look for other delicious recipes in American Heart Association cookbooks, available from booksellers everywhere, and at deliciousdecisions.org.