Print This Post
Tangy Lime Soup
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
- 3 tablespoons of frying oil
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 small sweet onion (sliced)
- 1 fresh red pepper (sliced)
- 2 ripe red tomatoes (sliced)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 limes, juiced and zest removed
Toppings & Garnish:
- 1/2 lb. of corn tortilla thin strips (fried to a golden crispy texture)
- 1/2 cooked chicken breast (shredded)
- 8 thin lime slices (with skin)
- Heat oil in a medium size pot, lightly brown garlic clove and onion slices. Continue by adding the red peppers, tomatoes, bay leaves, chicken stock, lime juice and zest.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- To serve the soup, divide the toppings between four bowls. Ladle the soup into the bowls and serve. Enjoy!!!