Print This Post
Iggy’s Home Style Chili
Recipe Courtesy Jan Thompson
- 1 whole 1/4″ diced Yellow Onion
- 6 ea. 1/4″ Sliced Jalapeños
- 1 bunch chopped Cilantro
- 6 ea. rough chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1 lb. 1″ Diced Beef
- 2 cups Diced Green Chilies
- 6 to 8 cups Diced Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 cup Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup ground Cumin
- 1/2 cup ground Mild Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- Water as needed/if needed
- Corn Flour (Mesa) if needed to thicken it.
- In the crock pot, add the beef so it becomes the bottom layer.
- Add the remaining ingredients on top of the beef, except the salt.
- Simmer on low for 10-12 hours (I like to start this when I go to bed and let it cook all night)
- Salt to taste after it is done simmering and serve with some warm artisan bread! Enjoy.